Monday, January 24, 2005

 

DELL Laptops

I have had a great deal of experience with DELL kit through work. As far as the desktops are concerned, I can't fault them.

The laptops, on the other hand, are a different matter.

Of around ten people I know who bought DELL Inspiron laptops, EVERY SINGLE ONE has had faults. DELL's technical support line is monumentally useless. They tell you to take out the hard drive and put it back in again. Seven of these laptops were bought to equip employees at a startup consulting company. I'm not exaggerating - every single one had crashes and failures which lost data and hours were wasted on the phone trying to remedy the situation.

I owned a 2001 DELL Latitude and know another person with exactly the same model. In contrast to the budget Inspiron models, these turned out to be very reliable. Mine had a hard drive and battery go down, but after two years of very heavy use combined with international travel, I can forgive that.

My wife on the other hand, has a 2003 DELL Latitude and is on her third motherboard already.

So if you possibly can, I'd advise you to steer clear of DELL laptops.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?