Tuesday, March 01, 2005

 

The Oscars

As Chris Rock was hosting, I decided to watch the Oscars this year. Chris Rock was responsible for what in my opinion is one of the three funniest comedy sketches I have ever seen: "How not to get your ass kicked by the Police". There are loads of copies of it floating round the Internet, and it doesn't contain any swearing. Even my Dad laughed!

This year they kept the Oscars to about three and a half hours which was good.

It was worth watching the Oscars for Chris's remarks introducing Tim Robbins: "When he's not dazzling us with his acting, he's boring us to death with his politics!".

So they had some band playing that I personally had never heard of, Counting Crows. Apparently the lead singer Adam Duritz has had sex with both Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston (although not, I believe, at the same time). It really made me wonder at the state of modern music. Five seconds after the song had finished, I'd already forgotten it. Cox and Aniston! And the guy looks like a complete knob!

Browsing the BBC Music site today they had a review of one of the first albums I ever bought, Deep Purple's In Rock.



Deep Purple playing the Oscars - that I would pay to see. Ian Paice's drum solo alone would take the ceremony back above four hours!

What a truly great band Deep Purple are. Still rockin' after 35 years.
Comments:
That Chris Rock bit about "how not to get pulled over by the police" has lots of swearing in it... such as when he says "playing 'fuck the police', while being pulled over by the police, is just ignorant"... but nonetheless, still the funniest bit from the Chris Rock show seasons (though Baby One Credit is pretty funny too).

I thought he was hilarious. He was the single, solitary reason I watched the Oscars too... the Tim Robbins line was classic. That guy really is one of the most obnoxious blowhards in the land that invented the obnoxious blowhard.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?